Here’s what’s being released at Vintages this Saturday in the way of Niagara wines:
Fielding Estate Pinot Gris 2010 ($22, 90 points) — Estate Pinot Gris from younger vines in the Jack Rabbit Flats Vineyards. A nose of musk, melon, pear, coconut and some minerality. It’s rich and ripe on the palate with lovely texture, balanced spice and length through the finish. Medium acid, partially barrel fermented fruit.
Henry of Pelham Pinot Blanc 2010 ($15, 87 points) — A floral nose with citrus and apple fruits in a clean, fresh approach. In the mouth it’s just a wonderfully fruity wine with fresh flavours that’s simple and clean. Perfect for porch sipping.
Also being released, but not reviewed:
• Wayne Gretzky Estates Series Riesling 2009 ($19)
• Inniskillin Winemaker’s Series Two Vineyards Cabernet Franc 2008 ($23)
• Mike Weir Pinot Noir 2008 ($20)
• 13th Street White Palette 2010 ($15)
• Flat Rock Unplugged Chardonnay 2010 ($16)
• Peninsula Ridge McNally Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc 2009 ($18)
• Vineland Estate Late Harvest Vidal 2006 ($15, 375 Ml)